Faithful to the saying coined for Abarth cars in the 1960s ('small but wicked'), the Abarth 500 is a 'small' car with exceptional performance. Powered by a 1.4 16v Turbocharged petrol engine, it has 135 bhp at 5,000 rpm and peak torque of 206 Nm at 3,000 rpm.
Guaranteeing enjoyable driving, safety is also ensured through the standard ESP and the new TTC (Torque Transfer Control) system, which improves the transfer of drive torque to the wheels. Plus of course seven airbags as standard.
Respecting Abarth tradition in full, the styling of the Abarth 500 is not a mere exercise in aethetics, but is driven by the need to improve the car's performance in every possible way. Aerodynamic behaviour is optimised through the use of a large winged spoiler and with a 'diffuser' that links up to the underbody, which together help to reduce drag and increase downforce at high speed.
But it is the front that really announces the performance capabilities of the Abarth 500: the triple air intakes feeding air to the engine and twin intercoolers. The nose of the car has been extended forward to create the space necessary for the turbocharger and gives the pronounced nose so characteristic of historic Abarth cars.
Inside, special instrumentation includes an analogue pressure gauge to show turbo boost, which also has a shift-light LED to indicate the optimum moment to change up.
Aluminium pedals, leather steering wheel and sporty bucket seats with combined head-restraints and lateral support ensure you will know that you are sitting in an Abarth.
Owners who want to take their Abarth 500 even closer to the tuning firm's 'racer for the road' ideal, can plump for the 160 bhp esseesse specification.
- 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cm3
- Power output: 135 bhp at 5500 rpm
- Peak torque: 206 Nm at 3000 rpm in Sport Boost mode
- Fixed geometry IHI RHF3-P turbocharger
- 5-speed gearbox C510
Suspension and Steering
- Front: MacPherson strut and anti-roll bar
- Rear: Torsion beam with anti-roll bar
- Lowered sports suspension
- Dualdrive Electric power steering with SPORT mode
- ZPH 4.1.2 floating front calliper, ø 54mm piston
- Ventilated front brake discs, ø 284 x 22 mm
- CII 34 floating rear calliper, ø 34 mm piston
- Rear brake discs, ø 240 mm x 11 mm
Wheels and Tyres
- Standard: 6.5"x16" aluminium wheels. Tyres: 195/45 R16"
- Option: 7"x17" aluminium wheels. Tyres: 205/40 R17"
- 155 g/km
- Urban consumption: 33.2 mpg
- Extra-urban consumption: 52.3 mpg
- Combined consumption: 43.4 mpg
- Length: 3657 mm
- Width: 1627 mm
- Height: 1480 mm
- 1035 kg
- Top speed: 127 mph
- 0-62 mph: 7.9 secs
Value my Car
If you are considering part-exchanging your existing car for a new Abarth, contact us for a free, no-obligation valuation.
Value my Car
Configurator and Prices